Friday, January 3, 2014

Project Life: Week 1

Happy New Year, everyone! With a new year comes new changes, and boy am I excited about the new things planned for 2014! First of all, I'm starting Project Life, which is something I had the desire to do all of 2013 and meant to get started on the second half of the year, but time slipped away from me and unfortunately, I never was able to get around to it. Now, I'm determined to keep up with it on a weekly basis and share it with you on my blog.

My plan is to create just a one page layout for every week, unless I have enough to fill a complete spread. I'm fearful of planning to create a spread each week because I know some weeks will be less eventful than others, and I don't want to become stressed trying to fill pages. So, I'll stick with a layout a week and if I have enough or if there's a holiday or something else special going on, I'll make a full spread. :) 

To kick off the year, I created a New Year's page and also my Week 1 page. My weeks are going to be running from Sunday-Saturday, and because the new year started this week, I thought I would count this week as Week 1. I finished a little early so I could share it with you this week. 

Now, I have a slight obsession with Project Life Kits, which is silly because they come with SO many cards, but I love having a variety! I personally own the Jade, Midnight, and Seasons Mini Kit, but also have cards from older kits such as Clementine and Turquoise from a few swaps I did. I'm trying to resist purchasing more, but we'll see how long I hold out!

So without further ado, here's my full spread!
(Forgive me as I'm still playing around with how to take the best pictures of these layouts in regards to location and lighting - give me a few weeks and I'm sure I'll have the hang of it!)



Some close ups of the New Year's page:




Close ups of Week 1:















































My favorite part about this layout is the 'January' card I created using the Clear Your Calendar stamp set from Two Berry Creative. I've made one for every month so that I can highlight the important dates at beginning of each new month. I'm up on their blog today with peeks of all the monthly cards I've made! Be sure to stop by. :)

Not too shabby for my first attempt! I just wish I knew how to take better photos while eliminating the glare on the page protectors... anyone have any tips? 

If you're documenting your life with Project Life this year I would LOVE to see! Thanks so much for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Great job, Ashley! I love it! I'm working on my spread today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val! I'll make sure to stop by your blog to check out your spreads! :)

      Delete
  2. I love it. I love Project Life and plan on using it in 2014 on a larger scale...starting with our Disney trip album...I totally understand the kit obsession I have 6 fill kits and several smaller ones...that 4-% off coupon at Hobby Lobby really helps. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coupons are my greatest and worst nightmare! :) I can justify anything if I have a coupon!

      Delete
  3. So Cute! you almost make me think I'd like to do that *almost*
    I love my 12x12s and canot get with the grid thing of project life. But yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand! I'm the total opposite, I love how gorgeous 12x12 layouts are but my brain has a hard time wrapping itself around the idea of creating one! Maybe one day we could challenge ourselves! :)

      Delete
  4. Love it!! I'm so happy you finally found time to start project life, once you get going with it you will find it's not too difficult to keep up. It's much easier than finding time for creating 12x12's because you can do one or two cards in a sitting, rather than an entire page.

    I've been collecting too many kits myself as well, I've been trying to lean towards the mini kits because they are cheaper + come with less cards so I can get the variety without spending too much.

    For taking photos, I've found the best way to get photos is to not really use the page protectors. Take the cards out of the pages [at least for cards with embellishments that create any amount of dimension] and just lay them on top of the page protector in their correct spot. When you photograph it there's no glare, and you can't really tell that the cards aren't in the pockets! [I do it all the time :)]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips! I thought about taking the cards out of the page protectors but wasn't sure if you would be able to tell, I'll definitely give that a try next time! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...