Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tiny Tags

Good morning! Today I'm sharing with you all a design team project I made for Two Berry Creative using their fabulous Rectangular Blank Tags! (Their Scalloped Top Blank Tags would also look great with the project I'm about to share with you!)

Over the summer I made a Christmas tag that I absolutely loved, and decided to recreate the concept, only this time, in miniature version. Here's the original post, but I'll share a picture with you as well:

And now for the tags I created using Two Berry Creative tags:



Since I find this a really cool technique, I decided to put together a mini tutorial so you can try it yourself! Here's what you'll need:

Two Berry Creative Rectangular Blank Tags
Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Forest Moss Distress Ink
Ranger Inkessentials Ink Blending Tool
Heat Gun
Embossing Ink Pad
Black Embossing Powder
Metallic Gold Embossing Powder
Small Snowflake Stamps
Sentiments of Your Choice

Keep in mind that you are more than welcome to try this technique using other colors of ink and embossing powder of your choice - these are just the colors I used. :)

Although I made both a red and a green tag, my tutorial shows the red tag being inked and at the end you'll see both tags together. 

1. Gather your supplies!


2. Ink your tags! Start with the lightest color first. 
(Lightest color on my green tag is Peeled Paint).

3. Then apply the medium color.
(Medium color on my green tag is Forest Moss).

4. Lastly, distress the edges with your darkest color.
(Darkest color on my green tag is also Walnut Stain).


5. Next, stamp and heat emboss your sentiment.
Sentiments are from a retired Whimsical Designs stamp set.

6. Heat emboss snowflakes wherever you desire.
Silver embossing powder would be pretty, too!

7. Add some ribbon or twine to the top of the tag, and ta da! (Two Berry Creative's Silver Metallic twine or Gold Metallic twine would be a great tag topper for these!)
Crinkle ribbon is from 3 Girl Jam


These tags are going to look fabulous on gift bags this year! You could also use this technique for other seasons as well... I'm thinking I might try a blue/wintery one in the future, as long as I remember to pick up some silver embossing powder. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Holidays!



3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...