Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Season's Greetings!

Happy Tuesday! Although it feels like a Monday for me since I'm recovering from a long weekend. :) As much as I love having the extra day, it makes it extra hard to get back into the swing of things!

Today I'm sharing with you all a card I made for the photo inspiration challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps going on this week. Don't you love this color combo?!


I know I do! While the colors are very Christmas-y and neither is the photo (although that little bird is so pretty!) the color combination that first caught my eye was the brown/red/gold, which instantly made me think of creating something with gingerbread men.


From there I decided to use the non-traditional holiday cards and create a patterned background using snowflake stamps from Peachy Keen's November Stamp Set of the Month. As for ink, I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Evergreen Boughs, Dusty Concord, Barn Door, and Scattered Straw. The sentiment is from Get Inky Stamps' 2013 Holiday stamp set.

I cut the gingerbread men at about 2.75" using a cut from Create a Critter 2. Their faces are from the PK-520 Winter Faces Assortment stamp set, and I embellished them with Liquid Pearls in White Opal, Peacock, and Rouge. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Ashely, this is adorable!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...