Sunday, November 10, 2013

Happy Homespun Holidays!

Happy Sunday evening! I hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend. :) Mine has been a mixture of homework and crafting, it's nice to have a stress-relieving activity to fall back on for when I'm tired of thinking and in need of some creativity. This weekend I created projects for Peachy Keen's November release party!

The first release challenge was to create a treat bag using the colors green and orange, while also incorporating at least one button. This was the more difficult of the two challenges for me, but I'm happy with what I came up with!



Both the snowman and the 'SWEET!' sentiment are from Peachy Keen's July Stamp Set of the Month. I colored the snowman cutie with Copics YG11, YG13, YG17, YR07, E25, and C1. He's adhered to the topper using pop dots, and I added a couple of tiny buttons as an accent. The treat bag is filled with chocolate chunk cookies - yummy!

Now on to my project for the second release challenge, which was to create an "upcycled" project using something from around the house. I upcycled an old mason jar that would be cute to fill with some hot chocolate or cookie mix! (Can you tell I was hungry while crafting this weekend?!)




All the papers used to embellish this jar are from Teresa Collins's "Santa's List" collection. I paper pieced the mittens and added White Opal Liquid Pearls to the tops to give them a textured look. The 'Happy Homespun Holidays' sentiment and the mittens are from Peachy Keen's November Stamp Set of the Month. What a fun project this was to make!

I'm off to create a couple more projects and finish up this research paper (finally!) have a great rest of your night and a wonderful start to your week!



5 comments:

  1. They're both adorable! I made something similar! http://www.valbydesign.com/baby-cold-outside-card-tag-bugaboo-stamps-quirky-crafts-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you joined the Peachy Keen Challenges. BOTH are so well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooow Ashley! I love your both creation! So beautiful!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are just adorable! That snowman is so cute and I love the pretty tag on the jar! Thanks for playing along in the Peachy Keen Release Party challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE both projects!! adorable treat bag and up-cycled jar

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...