Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Peachy Pinwheels

Nothing inspires me more than a Peachy Keen challenge! I'd have to say this week's photo inspiration challenge is one of the most inspiring so far:


Even though I love bright and bold colors, I'll admit this color combo was a bit intimidating at first! It is VERY bright. I wondered "how the heck am I going to find paper to match these colors?" After going through my 6x6 stash and coming across the "My Girl" collection by My Mind's Eye, I knew I had something:


A table centerpiece! The colors match relatively closely (although I didn't include green) and the pinwheels represent the 'Play' part of the picture. 


I filled a mason jar with sand to give it a summery/beach feel, and adhered the pinwheels and butterflies to orange paper straws. I also adhered some lace around the jar to accent it, and thought the "cottony" look of the lace represented beach towels and summer dresses.


All papers aside from the solid cardstock centers are from the My Girl collection, and the faces are stamped on Recollections cardstock. I used faces from set PK-943, and the 'Happy Summer!' sentiment is from the June Stamp Club of the Month set.




The butterflies are accented with Liquid Pearls. I used White Opal, Daffodil, Flamingo, Pumpkin, and Mint Green.


I moved the centerpiece inside so it wouldn't get ruined, and I'm loving how it brightens up my dining room table. :) It's definitely a keeper!



6 comments:

  1. Love your pinwheels!SOOOOOOOO VERY CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Such a great centerpiece! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaw,, this is awesome! I love all the pinwheels and the faces are adorable! Great centerpiece!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER FUN project,great job!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! Love these pinwheels Ashley!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...