Sunday, June 30, 2013

Miss You

What a crazy weekend! This past Friday and Saturday I attended the Standard and Intermediate Copic certification classes and had a blast! I learned lots of new tips and tricks and am even more excited about coloring. In fact, I'm taking a break from coloring right now to write this post! Later this week I'll post about my experience at the Copic classes for those of you who are curious. :) 

In the meantime, I wanted to share with you a card I made for this week's Use What You Have Challenge over at Sweet Stamp Shop!


The purpose of these challenges is to use what you have in your stash! I have a small stash of CTMH stamp sets that come with the exclusive CTMH Cricut Cartridges (Art Philosophy, Artiste, and the soon-to-be-released Artbooking, although I haven't decided I'll be getting that yet!) and while I loved that the cartridges came with coordinating stamp sets, they don't necessarily get used as much as I thought they would. So, I pulled them out and found a stamp I wanted to use for this week's challenge:


Using the flower from the set on top, I made a CAS 'miss you' card:


The card is 5.5 x 5.5, and all I did was stamp the flower multiple times using Picked Raspberries, Ripe Persimmon, and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks by Tim Holtz. I wanted the card to have a bright, summery look, and I think that desire was achieved! I think it could almost pass for neon, too! 


I used some enamel dots from My Mind's Eye to serve as the centers o the flowers. The 'Miss you' sentiment is from Sweet Stamp Shop's "Simple Sentiments" set. It's one of my favorites!


Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to finish up some coloring and watch the premiere of the final season of "Dexter" - I love that show!



3 comments:

  1. Lovely! And I have the Art Philosophy collection, too; I haven't used it ye, though, either! i HAVE to open it all up (there's so many goodies in that package) and use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you card! I have art philosophy cart and stamps. I use the cart tons more then the stamps, but I might look into my entire stamp collection more often.
    PS, I'm definitely getting the CTMH cart/stamps/chip board Artbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Ashley!! Love the CTMH Cricut carts and I can not wait for the new one!! I use these carts the most!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...