Monday, October 15, 2012

3D Halloween Coffin

When I found out the next challenge over at the Go Fish Challenge Blog was going to be to create a 3D Halloween item, I knew just what to make for my design team project!

I've been eyeing this fun 3D coffin in the Artiste handbook for quite some time now, and couldn't wait to finally make it. It was actually a lot simpler to make then I thought it was going to be. :)




The skeleton is cut from the Artiste cartridge as well, I cut him out and then adhered him to black cardstock so that he was all one piece, and then cut around the black cardstock leaving a tiny layer around the skeleton. He's laying on a bed of Reese's peanut butter cups - I was originally going to make these for the 25 third graders I'm student teaching this semester, but because October is such a busy month for me I just don't have enough time, and think I'm going to make a simpler treat bag instead. 

The RIP letters are actually cut from the Pooh Font Cartridge (about as far away from scary as you can get) but they were the "spookiest" letters I had, and didn't want to use just a plain font. The coffin itself is cut from gray cardstock and measures at about 6 inches long and 1.5 inches high. It's inked with Tim Holtz distress ink in Black Soot to give it a spookier, aged effect. I'm so happy with the way it turned out!

Stop by Go Fish to check out the other 3D Halloween projects made by the design team!

Thanks so much for reading!
Ashley

6 comments:

  1. cute treat box

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so spooky cute Ashley!!
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool halloween project. You did a great job.
    Have a super day
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I love it.
    you could enter this in my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...