Thursday, September 27, 2012

Halloween Party Treat Box


My Cricut Craft Room has turned pink! From September 18th - October 15th, all of the design team's project will feature pink to honor those who have suffered from breast cancer. Even if it's covered up, all of our cards, layouts, and projects will have pink on them somewhere. What a great tribute to those who have lost their lives or are suffering from breast cancer.

This week's Theme Day Thursday is all about Halloween parties! Invitations, decorations... you get the idea! I decided to make a 3D treat box for each of the party-goers to take home, sort of like a goodie bag, only a box instead. :)




That dang side just wouldn't stay closed! Sorry!

I thought it would be really hard to use pink on a Halloween project, but luckily I had some Halloween paper that actually had pink on it! The paper is from the DCWV 180-sheet Halloween and Fall paper stack. Because the paper is very light cardstock, I cut the template for the box on Kraft cardstock (which is much heavier) and then cut it again with the striped paper, and adhered the striped paper to the Kraft with my double-sided tape runner. 

Each of the candy pieces are cut from the Mini Monsters cartridge at 2" and were all made with solid colored cardstock by Recollections. The box was cut from the Artiste cartridge and is about 3" by 3"


Stop by My Cricut Craft Room to see what other pink Halloween projects the design team has made to share with you!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I wouldn't mind getting one of these full of treats:) Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goodie box Ashley. I love the candy embellishments! TFS, Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your box, it is great that it has Halloween colors as well as the pink in it too!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...