Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday Craft 'n Chat - Wine Glass Tea Light Shade

Welcome to this week’s edition of Thursday Craft 'n Chat. Every Thursday will feature a different crafty tip/technique from one of the Made Especially For You design team members. Click here to view last weeks tutorial on how to use pop tabs to make tags.


Hi there, it's Laura from Scrappin' Around The Clock!

A few weeks ago I created this wedding table decor lamp and wanted to share with you how to make it!


When I was surfing the net looking for inspiration for something to create for the Dance themed blog hop we had in May, I came across a site selling wedding table decor items and this is very similar to something they offered for sale. I thought to my self 'who would buy that when you can make it for peanuts!' (please tell me I am not the only one that talks out loud to themselves while surfing the net!   And now I want share with you how to make it.

I started by creating a template for the shade.  I had a pretty good idea of what shape it needed to be and hand drew it onto a piece of printer paper.  Here is the template I created for you.  If you print it our full size onto 8.5 x 11 inch printer paper it should work perfectly for you.
This is the basic template.

This template shows where I punched holes to weave my tulle through.  The dotted line just shows where you will add adhesive.
And this final template shows where I added my embossed image.
To start with, I cut out my template and traced it onto a piece of vellum.  Then I punched holes along the bottom edge (as shown above) to allow me to thread some tulle through.  You can keep this step in or leave it our or change it up all together, it is your call.

Then I stamped a flourish with VersaMark, just to the right of the centre point and added clear but sparkly embossing powder and heat set it.  You want to be a little more careful when heat embossing onto Vellum.

Next, I attached some flowers with a brad alongside the embossed image. The I adhered the two ends together to create the shade.  Make sure to only overlap the two ends slightly as you will need as much diameter as possible for your shade.

Now you can add your ribbon or tulle or whatever you feel is perfect for your shade.

All that is left to do now is to pop it onto a wine glass, add a tea light and turn down the lights!

Thanks for checking out my tutorial and let me know if you have any questions!

Laura
xoxo
www.scrappinaroundtheclock.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...