Monday, June 4, 2012

Father's Day with Chipboard Challenge!

I hope you all had a lovely first weekend of June! I absolutely cannot believe it's summertime already, it feels like just yesterday I was still making Christmas cards! Although Father's Day is still a couple of weeks ago, we like to get started early here at Made Especially For You. :)

This week's challenge is to create a Father's Day card featuring chipboard. 

I went ahead and made the actual card I'm going to give my dad for Father's Day, it's always nice not having to make one last-minute. His favorite color is green and as a kid any card I would make him would ALWAYS be green, so I decided to stick with my childhood theme and make a monochromatic card. 



The card itself is fairly basic, I decided to keep it simple and not do anything too fancy. I always find it very challenging to make masculine cards, and the best masculine paper I could find in my stash was the patterned green argyle. The 'DAD' letters are green chipboard and the 'Happy Father's Day' die cut is cut at 1.5" from the Father's Day cartridge. I also embossed the light green cardstock with the Argyle embossing folder using my Cuttlebug.

Our sponsor this week is the lovely Priscilla Styles. One randomly chosen winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to their store and will also be invited to be a one-week guest designer here at Made Especially For You. The design team will also choose the top three submissions to be displayed on the Weekly Challenge page and also receive a badge for their blogs.

Head on over to the Weekly Challenge page to submit your Father's Day card!

Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Especially like the Argyle embossing that complements the background paper. Happy to be the random winner of last wk's challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card AShley!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...