Saturday, June 2, 2012

Do You Speak Cricut Saturday - Block Party

Welcome to this week’s edition of Do You Speak Cricut Saturday. Every Saturday will feature a different Cricut cartridge review from one of the Made Especially For You design team members. This feature was added to the blog in order to give potential cartridge buyers a better idea of what each cart has to offer. Click here to view last week's Once Upon A Princess cartridge review. 

Today, Pam is going to share with you her review of the Block Party cartridge.

Since today's Cricut review is all about summer parties, I decided to review the Block Party cartridge.


"It’s time to fire up the BBQ for the summer! The Block Party cartridge is an invaluable asset for anyone that loves to throw summer parties for the neighborhood. The cartoonish style is a great match for just about any summer project. Use the latest Cricut® cartridges to create unique and engaging designs for every occasion. The versatility of the cartridges will surprise even the most imaginative crafter." - From Cricut.com

Here is my card I made using this cartridge. I don't normally use a plain background, but I really wanted the pattern to stand out. I cut the Bar-B-Que fella at 4" and the Grill at 3"


Here's a closer look at the cut-outs, they cut out so clean. I decided NOT to use the face cut out, instead I used my Copic markers to color in the face, hands, and legs. I also colored in his shorts and socks and outlined his hat and spatula.


The Come 'n Get It' sign is cut out at 2"

Some perks this cartridge has to offer:
- Can be used with all Cricut machines
- Layer feature
- There are 50 layered images to choose from
- Contains images of food, BBQ paraphernalia, and people

I really enjoy using this cartridge to make my card and I hope you enjoy it as well! :)

Pam

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card and cart. I don't have this one but it looks like a lot of good summer fun. lol TFS AJ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me that I do have this cart. LOL
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...