Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Card Creating Tuesday - Kid's Birthday


Welcome back for another Card Creating Tuesday at My Cricut Craft Room! This week's card-creating theme is all about kid's birthday cards. I think kid's birthday cards are one of the most fun types of cards to make because of the fun colors, die cuts, sentiments, and papers that can be used - who doesn't want to be a kid?

I created a girl's birthday card for this week's theme using two die cuts from the Create a Critter cartridge:

The sweet poodle is cut at 3.25" and the even sweeter cupcake is cut at 2.5"


I embossed the poodle's fur and the cupcake frosting with the D'vine Swirl embossing folder, and added a couple of white gems to the poodle's bows. The card was super fun to make and I love how delicious the background paper looks! 

Make sure to stop by My Cricut Craft Room to see other fabulous kid's birthday cards created by the design team!

Thanks for reading!
Ashley

13 comments:

  1. That is so ADORABLE!!!Love the paper you used too.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh this is just adorable hun just love the image and those gorgeous papers,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this poodle cut and your card si super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card Ashley!! Love the background paper and the colors you used!!
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg this card is adorable


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute I love the little poodle :)
    MCCR DT Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute ashley. I really love the poodle and all the embossing. TFS, Mary M

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Makes me think I need to use my embossing folders more.
    Lisa
    MCCR DT
    http://ourcraftingcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cute! This is definitely a fun card for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the cupcakes on this ... so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is an adorable card! love the embossing and the die cuts! great job!! :)

    hl

    ReplyDelete
  12. love ur card super cute. I really like the embossing.

    MCCR DT, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...