Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday Craft 'n Chat - Cricut Cake Carts for Papercrafting


Hey Everyone..welcome back for another Thursday Craft 'n Chat with Made Especially For You. I'm Abby from ScrappinAbby and I'm really excited to share with you some scrappy projects I created using my Cricut Cake cartridge...yup that's right..these carts aren't just for your Cricut Cake machine : )

Along with papercrafting I love to bake & decorate cakes. My hubby bought me the Cricut Cake machine for Christmas one year and I really loved the designs on the Cake carts and wanted to use them on my papercrafts as well. I will put a complete list of the supplies I used at the end of this post.

Here are the two Cricut Cake cartridges I used for my projects to share with you today...


The Cake Basics came with the machine & Santa brought me the Elegant Cakes cartridge ; ) 

The first project I am going to share with you is from the Cake Basics cartridge. Here's the image I used...



I made these simple greeting cards using the flower image I showed you above. This is such an easy way to dress up cards, invitations or announcements, especially if you want your invites to match your party decor & cake or cupcakes when you use the same cartridge on your Cricut Cake machine.
Here's a closer look at the cut images...



Cute huh?

Now for my second project using the Elegant Cakes cartridge. Here's the image I used for this project...


I love how intricate this one is. I decided to make a really cool shabby chic tag...


Ok..I don't mean to sound conceited when I say this but I LOVE how this tag turned out. I sat down last night to work on a project from this cartridge and I had no idea what I was going to make and then this just popped into my head.

Here's a closer look at the detail from this cut....





This image looks great on cakes & I really love how it looks when you use paper.

The Cricut Cake carts are interchangeable with your Cricut paper machines so it makes it really easy to use these for papercrafing & it opens up so many more options for your scrappy projects. You use these carts the same way you do your regular cartridges so that part is easy...the hard part is deciding which image you want to use since there are so many to choose from : )

If you have access to a Cricut Cake cartridge or if you see one online for sale or even if you know someone who has one you can borrow..I would encourage you to give it a try. Be sure to try out the border patterns as well..they work great for page layouts and banners.

Thanks for letting me share my projects using my Cricut Cake cartridges...hopefully I have encouraged you to reach out and try these for your papercrafting projects.

Happy Scrappin!

Abby

Products used:
Cake Basics Cartridge project-
Coredinations CS
White CS
Want 2 Scrap Pearls
Colorbox Rouge
Elegant Cakes project-
DCWV Coral Couture & Cardstock Stacks
Kraft Tag-I tea stained this
Stampin Up sentiment
Really Reasonable Ribbon-March Club assortment
Vintage lace
Maya Road floral stick pins
Tim Holtz Idea-ology staple
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Walnut Stain
Colorbox-Prussian Blue
The Girls Paperie-floral brad

4 comments:

  1. GREAT job Abby! LOVE that tag!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! The pink cards are simply lovely!
    Hugs, Wandy
    http://greenapplescrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...