Tuesday, February 14, 2012

PSC #19: Paper-Pierced Holidays & Seasons

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I'm back with another card for the weekly challenge over at The Perfect Sentiment. This week's challenge is a fun one! :)

The Challenge: Create a card with a sentiment appropriate for any season or holiday (the sentiment must be on the front of the card.

The Twist: Use the technique of paper-piercing on your card.


I had never used the technique of paper-piercing before this challenge, so I was a little nervous at first. Once I found a really cute and simple template, I realized how easy it was! AND I was able to use household items (a push pin and the back of a mousepad) instead of having to go out and buy a paper-piercing tool, so that made me a very happy girl. :) 

Since our sponsor this week is Bugaboo Digi Stamps, the other design team ladies and I all used one of their images on each of our cards. I chose this super adorable St. Patrick's Day turtle - I couldn't pass him up! :)
The sentiment is computer-generated (I have yet to purchase any St. Patrick's Day stamps), and the paper is from Recollections. As soon as I saw it I knew it would make a great St. Patty's Day card! I added the pearls in the corners for an added touch. The digital stamp is colored with just your basic colored pencils. 

Bugaboo Digi Stamps will be giving away seven free digis (or the equivalent of $21) to the randomly chosen winner of this week's challenge. All challenge participants also have the potential to be in the 'Perfect 3,' chosen by the design team.


Check out the creations of the other design team members for more inspiration for this week's challenge:

Have a great rest of your week! :)

Ashley

7 comments:

  1. I love that turtle, too!!!! You did great on this card. Love your pp.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. your turtle card turned out very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley..love this card..I have a soft spot for turtles & this one is just adorable. Fab job with your paper piercing btw...love all the swoops : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!!! Image and color are great, I especially love your piercing design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley I love your card. You really knocked it out of the ballpark with your piercing. I would never of guessed this was your first time. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute image you chose. Your piercing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the card the turtle is so darn cute great Job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...