Monday, November 28, 2011

Easy As 1, 2, 3! Challenge Card

I hope you all had a fabulous holiday weekend! I certainly enjoyed my break from schoolwork, although I'm not thrilled to pick up where I left off today. :/ At least this week's challenge is here to cheer me up! :) 


The challenge this week here at Made Especially For You is to create a card or scrapbook layout featuring '3' of something, whether it be ribbons, colors, papers, brads, etc. Click here to view the DT's awesome creations and also enter the challenge!


I created a simple card for the challenge this week, with the end of the semester workload increasing, it's been harder and harder to find time to craft. I can already tell I won't be sleeping much this week because of all the things I have to get done. Anyways, enough of my rambling, here's the card I made for the challenge:

  Left: Front view of the card                         Right: Side view of the card
I'm glad I'm finally getting the hang of taking better pictures! The lighting in my bathroom is actually fairly decent, and using white cardstock as both a vertical and horizontal backdrop helps a lot. 

I absolutely fell in love with the background paper when I first saw it at Michael's. I love the fun colors and stripes! It's been a while since I've made a bright card, so I was excited when I got to use it for the challenge. I used three circles as well as three rectangles to comply with the challenge. 

What I Used To Make The Card:
~ Background paper (sorry, I forgot the name! It's made by Recollections)
~ Blue, light pink, pink, purple & white cardstock paper
~ 1" circle punch
~ 'Just For You' stamp with black ink
~ Cuttlebug with the 'Spots n' Dots' embossing folder
~ Glue dots, paper trimmer & scissors

Thanks so much for stopping by! We hope you play along with us! :)

Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Great card. I sure like to do sketches, especially since you never see one the same.

    Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...