Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My First Easel Card!

The weekly DT challenge at Becky's Sweet Creations this week is to create an easel card. While I have seen some absolutely stunning easel cards made by fellow bloggers, I myself had never made one until just recently. I'll admit I was a bit nervous at first seeing as that I usually only make cards that have "standard" shapes, but I found a really good tutorial online (which you can view here) that explained the process really well!


To make an easel card, you need a 12 x 12 sheet of paper. The majority of my paper collection is 8.5 x 11 because I am not a scrapbooker, and the only 12 x 12 sheet I had that was sturdy enough to be a card base was a bold yellow color, which you'll see in the pictures below. I also just bought a new birthday/party clear stamp set on clearance at Michael's for only $2.50 (I couldn't pass it up!) so I turned my easel card into a party invitation. The card itself is only 4 x 4 inches, which made it even more of a challenge to make since I'm used to creating larger cards.

Front view of the card. I left some space at the bottom for an extra message to be written if necessary.

Side view of the card. It doesn't look much like an easel card from the front, but from the side view you can definitely tell! 

What I Used To Make The Card:
- Yellow, white and green cardstock paper
- Blue ink to distress edges
- Birthday/party clear stamp set in blank ink
- Cuttlebug with balloon die cuts
- Liquid adhesive and glue dots

I'm off to do some laundry and get a head start on upcoming challenges. Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your week! :)

Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Ashley it looks great! Mine was not my first but my second LOL. GREAT JOB Young Lady. I to am trying to get a head start on the next challenge.

    Thanks for sharing
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! Love the balloons! :)
    ♥ Laura ♥
    tweetyb@satx.rr.com
    http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...