Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Sparkly Congratulations

I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine went by WAY too fast. Tonight I thought I'd share with you the congratulations card I made for my blog candy winner, Maribel. 


For those of you that have been following me for a while, you know that I absolutely love using glitter. Even though it's messy at times, I love the added touch it gives to the cards I create. I only had a few colors to start with, but as soon as I received a 50% off one item coupon at Michael's I knew exactly what I wanted:

I'm really sorry about the quality of this picture, I took it at night when there was no natural sunlight. I tried to find a product picture online but couldn't. :(

It originally cost $29.99, so about a dollar per color, but I got it for $14.99. Yay! The glitter is super fine (which you'll see in the pictures below) but I love it! I love having all different colors to choose from (30 to be exact) it's so much fun! Each color also has a cute little name, for example the yellow is 'sunflower'.   This one is made by Recollections but I know Martha Stewart also has a product similar to this.

So enough of my glitter babble, let me show you the card:


Here's a close-up of the glittered letters. There's a small glare from the sunlight, sorry about that.

I absolutely love the colors of this card, the color combo is so fun and cheerful. I have chipboard letters in a variety of different colors, and in this case I found glitter that matched the chipboard pieces and then applied it using an Elmer's glue stick. I love how enhancing something simple can make a creation look so great. To make this card I also used:

- Green, blue, purple, white and pink cardstock paper
- Patterned paper by The Paper Studio (I can't remember the name, I'm sorry!)
- 'congrats' chipboard pieces
- Blue, green, purple, pink and black glitter
- Elmer's glue pen
- iRock with blue, green, white and purple gems
- Blue flower chipboard embellishment
- Black sparkly ribbon
- Green, purple and pink brads

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! I really appreciate it. :)

There's also plenty of time left to apply for my first Design Team. You can do so by clicking here.

Ashley

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh gitter is so much fun, messy, but fun.
    Pretty card, what happy fun colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this package! I will have to run out and get it when there's a sale! I received my package this weekend. Your card is absolutely beautiful!! I can't wait to start working with all those goodies :) Thank you!!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such lovely glitter and glamorous creation

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such glittery happiness! My kids always stop and stare at the glitters when I drag them into the craft store.

    Your congrats card is so bright and cheerful, thanks to your new additions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and glitter is so great looking! I love to use glitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright colors that u use great going. very happy and makes me want to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fine glitter indeed with beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...