Monday, July 11, 2011

Graduation Thank You Cards!

The graduation thank you cards I keep mentioning are finally here! I started off making 16 of them, but then realized I'll need to make a few more, so there are 16 in the pictures below but all together I will have made about 20 of them. 






Because I knew I was going to have to make a lot of these, I didn't want to create anything too elaborate. I went as simple as I could and came up with this basic design. The only materials I used were black, white and gold cardstock, decorative scissors, a 1 inch circle punch, alphabet stamps, and black ink. I basically created an "assembly line" while making these cards. While it was fun at first, it got boring and tiring after a while having to do the same thing over and over again. It was well worth it, though, because it's not every day you get a handmade thank you card from a teenager in the mail. :)

On a side note, I've decided to hold off on the Cricut purchase. Even though I'm taking some of my graduation money and putting it towards purchasing new and fun crafting materials, I figured it would be best to perfect my handmade cards and make sure I stick with card making before buying a Cricut, although I want one so badly! :)

Hope you all are having a great day, I'll be back later in the week with another of my paper challenge cards! 

Ashley  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...