Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thinking of You Card

Well, my first personal challenge is complete! The paper that I used from my new collection is called "Graceful Circles" and is made by My Mind's Eye. I loved the colors of the paper and when I first saw it my first thought was "thinking of you," so I decided to stick with that idea. Here are a few pictures of the card:


The green looks a lot brighter in the pictures than it really it, it's actually more subdued. I am still working on my stamp collection, so I had to type the text instead of stamping it. :( 

This is the inside of the card. I'm having a lot of trouble finding a good spot for lighting when I take these pictures, so I apologize for the shadows and for the low quality of the rest of my pictures. It's all a learning experience! This is the same pink that is on the front of the card, it just looks a lot darker here. The inside of the card reads: "When we're together or when we're apart, you're first in my thoughts and first in my heart." I'll admit I didn't come up with that myself, I found it on a great quote website that offers sayings for cards.

This side view shows the colors of the inside much better.

And that's it! All I really used was the "Graceful Circles" paper, different colors of cardstock, a paper trimmer, an Elmer's glue pen, decorative scissors, my computer to type the sayings, and blue confetti for the inside circles. It was really simple to make, but is definitely unique, which is what I was going for. :)

I hope to have another card made within the next few days, thanks for all of your support, it is greatly appreciated! :)

Ashley

23 comments:

  1. I love the colors of this card! That paper is so cute :0) Nicely done! Hugs ~Schell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comments!

    Christina
    www.ascrapbooknook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty card, you did a nice job, I love the colors. I am a new follower:) You came by my blog earlier and I am so grateful, I love new friends. You said you were following mine too. I appreciate that. I need to ask you a big favor, please come back and do the follower gadget again, it did not record you earlier. I'm so sorry to ask, I have a bunch of trouble with this gadget. Half the time it's just gone! Thanks ahead for understanding. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by! Following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, bright and cheerful card! Love the sentiment. It's a lot cheaper to type them! Come join us at The Outlawz Challenges! You can win awesome prizes like a 50.00 gift certificate at Oozak.com or a Gilli goodie bag! We have seven challenges, a brand new one every day! Hugz, Colleen
    http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this paper choices and the cad design is fabulous! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. really pretty .. amazing colour and design..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ashley! Very pretty card, love the colors you used. Where outside of Chicago are you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so lovely. The green looks awesome. Yes I too had a lot of trouble with pics initially. The only place in my house I get good pics is in my balcony.. there is nothing like natural sunlight!
    Love from India
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty and uplifting card! Thank you so much for the blog visit and I am now following you! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for the amazing comments! I love hearing your feedback. :)

    @Carrie - I live near DeKalb (think NIU), about 45 minutes south of Rockford.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice blog and what a pretty card. I love the ribbons! I signed up to follow you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ashley, this is so gorgeous! I love all the edge cuts you used and the paper is awesome! I had trouble with pics also...I tried overhead lights, different backgrounds, then I moved close to a window for natural light and that was okay, but the best pics I get are when I actually go outside and take the pics on the deck. I have found that to be the best lighting. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your personal challenge about using up all the card stock in a pack. I am bad about buying a paper pack and only really wanting 1 or 2 of the designs. Might have to challenge myself too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a very nice card....I love all the colors also....TFS...I am now a follower.....Great start to your new blog.....I'll be back.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love the pattern paper used! Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That paper is gorgeous, made even more beautiful by this wonderful card! It's just so pretty, whimsical, and sweet ...some of my favorite things. Excellent work on this creation. :o) I happened upon your blog and am thrilled to be your newest follower. Your site is lovely. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWESOME job on your beautiful card!LOVE all the great details!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for visiting my blog for the second time...its great to see new people popping by. I tried to follow your blog too but for some reason it doesnt let me :( So I will put your blog into my bloglist and come to see you from there as I really like your style...and the great colours you use. happy crafting and see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ashley,
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I am now a follower of your blog. I really love your card. It is beautiful. Look forward to seeing more creations.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute little card! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful card! Love that patterned paper. :)

    Arlene.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really cute card, Ashley! Like you I believe in finishing the inside too and yours is lovely. thanks for visiting my blog and following me...I am now following you too!
    Have a great day!
    Cindy Porter http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...